As we edge into July, I think we can safely say summer is here, whoop! What better way to spend your afternoons and evenings eating al fresco, making cocktails, having barbecues and entertaining friends. What are your favourite summertime recipes? Do you have a special cocktail or a super delicious salad recipe? Or perhaps you are a barbecue whizz. We would love you to link up your recipes and we will share them across our social networks.
To get us started, we are sharing our refreshing and oh so delicious watermelon fizz cocktail…perfect for cooling off on a hot summer’s afternoon.
Watermelon Fizz Cocktail…
Makes 1 cocktail
- Wedge watermelon, chopped and another wedge to decorate
- Squeeze fresh lime juice
- Dash of sugar syrup
- 20 ml vodka
- Chilled Prosecco to serve
- Put the watermelon, lime juice, sugar syrup, vodka and a generous handful of ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well until the cocktail shaker is very cold and the ingredients are well blended
- Strain the juice into a chilled glass and top with cold prosecco, decorate with a small wedge of watermelon
- Sit back, relax and enjoy.
Add your favourite summer recipes to the link up below and we will share as many of them across our social networks.
Thank you to everyone who added their strawberry recipes last month, they will go down really well with these ones to make our summer the best ever!