Are you back to work after a relaxing holiday this summer and can’t bear the thought of 1. making packed lunches, 2. coming up with interesting ideas, 3. facing another cheese sandwich? Fear not we have a great collection of ideas from around the web to keep your lunchboxes super exciting and very very tasty!
- Not only are Food To Glow’s jam and almond macaroons perfect for the lunchbox they are also gluten free and full of protein, plus you only need four ingredients to make these!
- When you want something a little more substantial and filling then this butterbean salad from Jo’s Kitchen is full of flavour but also quick and easy to make (after all no one wants to spend ages preparing tomorrow’s lunch).
- If you like a little chocolate fix mid afternoon how about Nutritious Deliciousness’ sugar free raw brownie bites, made using a mix of nuts (so check with the school if putting them in a child’s lunchbox whether nuts are allowed) and cococa powder using only dates to add a little sweetness. Mmmm.
- I love a meal packed full of spices and this gobi aloo wrap is just the recipe to keep me going all afternoon. Plus it is dairy, egg, corn, soy, nut and yeast free, and if gluten free wraps are used it is suitable for coeliacs too. It looks so delicious.
- If you are sick of sandwiches at lunchtime then you need to make Eats Amazing’s easy vegetarian pizza quesadillas, great eaten cold and a winner with the whole family.
- Not tried orzo yet? You are missing out, but it is a great excuse to now try Life Currents’ orzo with balsamic tomatoes and basil. What a fabulous treat to find in your packed lunch box.
- If you are vegan you will love these vegan rhubarb muffins from The Peachicks Bakery, a sweet tasty treat perfect for every lunchbox.
- Scotch eggs are a brilliant option for a packed lunch and also picnics as they are easy to transport, Feeding Boys and a Firefighter has made a delicious vegetarian scotch egg using a falafel-style wrapping for the eggs. Yum.
- Lavender and Lovage has made a Greek lunch box salad with feta cheese and mint dressing. If you are consciously trying to watch what you eat this a great recipe but with no compromise on flavour.
- This pressed picnic sandwich from The Hedge Combers is a monster of a sandwich. With a filling of meat, cheese, vegetables and finished off with a pesto mayonnaise you won’t need anything else in your lunch box.
And ten more recipes…
- Mini lasagne cups from Little Kitchen Blue
- Blueberry crumb bars from iFOODReal
- Thai slaw with roasted peanuts and spicy rice cake croutons from Following In My Shoes.
- From Tinned Tomatoes, puy lentil, beet and mozzarella salad
- Naturally Ella’s pesto carrots and chickpeas with rice.
- Raw vegetable nori wraps with sunflower butter dipping sauce from Gourmande in the Kitchen.
- Joy The Baker’s pepperoni pizza rolls.
- No bake superfood granola bars from Domestic Gothess
- From The View from Great Island a layered 7 bean salad in a jar.
- A how to make vegetables samosas guide on Foodies100.
What are your favourite tips for keeping the spark in your lunch boxes? We would love to know.