We’re back! We hope you have had an amazing summer, the sun shone, you had fun and ate lots of gorgeous food.
Has anyone else started to change their menu yet to correspond with the slightly earlier nights and drop in temperature? This time of year is the perfect excuse to indulge in pie; apple pie, fish pie, chicken pot pie, cherry pie, pecan pie or perhaps game pie. Whilst a pie can be warming and filling for the winter months, it also sits happily next to a salad, ideal if we have an Indian Summer this month.
What is your favourite pie recipe?
Cherry Pie Recipe…
This cherry pie is super quick and easy to make and a winner with the whole family, delicious served with double cream.
- 600g fresh cherries, destoned
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 20 g butter plus a little for greasing
- 5 sheets of filo pastry
- Icing sugar to finish
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/ gas mark 5
- Grease a 20 cm pie dish with a small amount of butter
- Put the cherries, lemon zest and juice, and flour into a bowl and mix well
- Melt the butter
- Put the cherry mixture into the pie dish
- Cut each filo sheet in half, scrunch up carefully and place on top of the cherry mixture
- Brush the pastry with the melted butter
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before sprinkling with icing sugar and serving with double cream
We love checking out your recipes so please add your favourite pie recipes to the link up below and we will share as many of them across our social networks. Thanks to everyone for sharing their al fresco recipes last month, I think we still have a couple of weeks we can take advantage of them…