Does the thought of cooking Christmas dinner, quite often for the masses, fill you with dread? Fear not we have some really helpful tips to get you through it without you being forced to crack open the mulled wine at breakfast! My biggest tip is easy…preparation is key, do as much as you can possibly get away with the day/night before and even earlier.
Christmas Dinner Hacks…
- Every Crook & Cranny has a Christmas dinner making schedule, some of it started three months ago but there are still some fabulous tips to take on board in the last run up to the Big Day!
- A Mothers Rambling’s says, ‘ we cook our turkey on Christmas Eve. It makes it easier the next day and allows us a more relaxed time together’.
- Christmas dinner time saving ideas from Tastefully Vikkie
- Top tips for the ultimate turkey, roast potatoes and roast Christmas root vegetables from Foodie Quine.
- ‘Every Christmas Eve I get out my Delia Smith Christmas cookbook (she suggests timings for cooking the turkey), calculate the cooking times for every element and write myself a minute by minute (almost literally!) time schedule, down to which oven each element is going to go in (we have a range cooker). It sounds daft but it takes all of the stress out of cooking the dinner! This will be the fourth year that I’ve done it, and I keep all of the old schedules in the front of the cookbook.’ – Pondering Parenthood
- Mummy Mishaps’ has several tips to help make the perfect Christmas dinner.
- Christmas dinner in a hour, is that possible? Mum On The Brink walks us through it! However there may be a few ‘essentials’ missing.
A couple more tips…
- Don’t forget to defrost the turkey in time
- Don’t forget to put the oven on…
- Don’t forget to pop open the bubbly and have lots of fun as no one will notice if something is missing (unless it’s the turkey)
Let us know if you have a favourite Christmas dinner hack to add.
Pin for later:
Images: [Kaboompics and Mummy Mishaps]