Congratulation to our Challenge winners!
Warninks is the UK’s number one Advocaat; a traditional liqueur from Holland best known as the key ingredient in the famous Christmas cocktail – the Snowball (advocaat, fresh lime and lemonade).
Warninks Advocaat has been made in Holland since 1616 and was one of the original producers of advocaat. Advocaat was originally made using avocados by sailors visiting the Caribbean. However, when they returned back to Europe, they discovered they could recreate their new favourite tipple using fresh egg yolks. Today, advocaat is full bodied, sweet and creamy with delicious aromas of vanilla and can be enjoyed in many cocktails, including the Snowball, the Fluffy Duck as well as neat or over ice.
Our Foodies100 Bloggers where challenged to make their own snowball cocktails and they’ve risen to the challenge. They’ve happily supping on Snowball cocktails all in the name of research and to get into the festive spirit and we share their fabulous posts below…
- Taking centre stage at Ginger Mum’s annual Christmas Hootenanny was the Warninks Snowball (for party lovers)
- Amuse Your Bouche has been whipping up Snowball cocktails in an attempt to get into the festive mood along with a Christmas film
- Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen shares her tips on how to get into the Christmas spirit along with a festive snowball cocktail.
- A classic winter snowball and top tips for the perfect Christmas cocktail party from Ana Mum Diary
- Foodie Quine has a guide for finding the perfect Warninks Snowball this Christmas, top of Foodie Quine’s list is the Gingersnap & Marshmallows; for those with a Sweet Tooth.
- Emma & 3 has all the party ideas you’ll need for a fun girls night in to go with the classic Snowball cocktail
- In the SuperGolden Bakes household family traditions have been built over time, the annual rituals include making a gingerbread house and buying the biggest Christmas tree from the same place every year. This year a new tradition has been born, a Snowball cocktail to accompany the Christmas playlist and the decorating of the tree.
- Cherished By Me gets nostalgic thinking of Christmas long ago and the traditions she has made for her own family and shares a classic Snowball cocktail recipe.
- It was an afternoon off and a parent party of wrapping presents and a Christmassy film to accompany The Oliver’s Madhouse’s chocolate orange version of the Snowball.
- In the Mummy of Boy Girl Twins household it’s a little party at home with a sweet and delicious Snowball cocktail for a cosy night in.
- WitWitWoo has fond childhood memories of sipping her Little Nan’s Warninks Advocaat as a Christmas treat, and whilst she is determined not to start the Christmas festivities too early she has caved and cracked open the bottle…all in the name of research!
- Christmas is all about spending time with the family for Hijacked By Twins and Christmas would just not be complete without a Warninks Advocaat Snowball!
- Plutonium Sox writes about the moments that make Christmas, a visit to Santa, homemade gifts and Snowball cocktails by the fire.
- Taming Twins has transformed the classic Advocaat Snowball into a hot chocolate cocoa drink, a tasty tradition reserved for the grown ups of the family.
- At Zena’s Suitcase they have been getting into the Christmas spirit with the help of indulgent and creamy Warninks Advocaat, a drink that just screams Christmas!
- My Fussy Eater has given the Snowball cocktail a contemporary twist to share with friends at an impromptu Christmas card writing party
How do you like your Warninks Advocaat?
How do you celebrate the moments and traditions in the lead up to the day that ‘make’ Christmas special? Share them using the hashtag #NowItsXmas
Pin for later:
Image Credits Top L-R | My Fussy Eater | Supergolden Bakes | Foodie Quine | Mummy of Boy Girl Twins | The Oliver’s Madhouse | The Ana Mum Diary | Taming Twins