This Spring, Foodies100 has teamed up with Tesco Cypriot New Potatoes to inspire British cooks to get creative with this season’s fresh produce.
Tomorrow evening, Tuesday 24 January at 8pm, we will be hosting a #SideDish Twitter party with Cypriot New Potatoes where we’ll be inviting you to share your favourite new potato recipes, serving suggestions and Spring family meals.
Join us, and you could win £100 in Tesco vouchers, or one of four £50 runner-up prizes.
Fresh from the sun-soaked island of Cyprus, Cypriot new potatoes are the ‘spunta’ variety and are extremely versatile. Available in 750g packs or loose, Tesco Cypriot New Potatoes are ideal for boiling or steaming, roasting and even baked. What’s more, they don’t need to be peeled, so preparation is minimal – just a quick wash in cold water.
The distinctive rich, creamy yet earthy taste of their yellow flesh is thanks to the mineral-rich, red alluvial soil in which the potatoes are grown and harvested, using traditional methods on small family farms. Freshly dug every day, the delicious fresh taste of Tesco Cypriot New Potatoes can be enjoyed even on dark and cold winter days.
Cypriot New Potatoes are available in Tesco stores from now until the end of March, and we would love you to join us for our Twitter chat. If you’re feeling inspired, why not enter our exclusive competition with Cypriot New Potatoes to win an £800 voucher for your favourite Cypriot New Potatoes recipe?
How to Take Part
- Join us on Tuesday, 24 January on Twitter from 8-9pm
- Make sure you’re following @foodies100
- Tweet us using the hashtag #SideDish to join the conversation
- The best Tweet will win a £100 Tesco supermarket voucher. Four runners up will each receive a £50 Tesco supermarket voucher
We’ll be Talking About
- What are your favourite ways to serve Cypriot New Potatoes?
- Roasted, boiled or steamed – how do you serve ’em?
- This time of year is all about comfort food – what’s your family’s favourite comfort meal?
- Cypriot New Potatoes don’t need to be peeled, making them super quick. What’s your favourite kitchen short-cut?
- Cypriot New Potatoes make the perfect side dish – what’s your favourite spud-based side?
Terms and Conditions: The prizes are available to UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of Flea Enterprises, Tesco or anyone professionally associated with the promotion. An entry is received when you Tweet using the #SideDish hashtag between 8pm and 9pm GMT on Tuesday 24 January 2017. Any entries outside of these times will not be counted. No cash alternative. The decision of the Promoter in relation to the Promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be contacted by Twitter DM. They must respond to notification of their prize within 7 days or the right to claim the prize will be lost and the promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize. Winners will be announced on the Tots100 website by 12/2/2017. By entering participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Promoter: Flea Enterprises Ltd, 2 The Old Sawmill, Lytham FY8 5PL