They say the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, and we love the Valentine’s-themed dishes around the web at the moment. It doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day for an excuse to have a romantic meal for two, but we still couldn’t resist sharing our favourites. Whether it’s aphrodisiac-inducing oysters, chocolate-covered strawberries or a chilled champagne cocktail, good food and company is the dish of the day for this lovefest.
Ten romantic recipes for Valentine’s Day…
- The Petite Cook has whipped up some really cute homemade love Oreo cookies, Dutch cocoa powder gives the cookies a really strong flavour and the homemade cream filling is to die for.
- Every Valentine’s meal needs a special cocktail and Plutonium Sox has not one but three recipes. We especially love the raspberry moijto.
- Pink and heart shaped, the redcurrant, no bake, cheesecakes on Red Ted Art look divine.
- A delicious after dinner treat is Fashion and Frappes’ chocolate rum balls and can be as simple as you want if you buy a ready made cake, but will still have the wow factor!
- The perfect dessert to eat with two spoons, Keeper of the Kitchen’s hazelnut chocolate (Nutella) cheesecake. It looks as good as it sounds.
- You will certainly impress your loved one with Maison Cupcake’s stunning pink praline heart and white chocolate macarons.
- What better and more romantic way to say ‘I love you’, than with The Free From Fairy’s gluten and dairy free heart shaped chocolate cake. Mmmm.
- These are hot, sweet and delicious, and really easy to make; Valentine’s day cherry pies from Nicky’s Kitchen Sanctuary
- Sainsbury’s magazine’s gorgeous looking sticky spiced duck legs with plums, flavoured with a mix of Chinese five spice paste and hoisin sauce.
- If you absolutely love the whole romantic theme and want to really go for it, how about Family-Friends-Food’s beautiful crispy potato roses and such a fab side dish.
Ten more Valentine’s Day recipes…
- Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting from A Strong Coffee.
- The Cookie Rookie’s love potion martini
- Chocolate and honeycomb crunchie hearts from Emily’s Recipes & Reviews
- Chestnut gnocchi with zucchini and bacon from My Little Italian Kitchen
- White chocolate, strawberry and prosecco cake from Globe Scoffers
- Allotment 2 Kitchen’s asparagus and heart shaped radish pasta salad.
- Heart shaped churros with chocolate sauce from Supergolden Bakes.
- BBC Food’s roast monkfish with cumin and coriander spice and a baked aubergine purée
- Vegan strawberry cheesecake from Lazy Cat Kitchen
- The Worktop’s dark chocolate waffles with mascarpone whip
Do you celebrate Valentine’s day? Does it involve food? What are your favourite recipes?
Pin for later:
Image Credits top L-R The Worktop | The Petite Cook | Red Ted Art/Thinly Spread | Family-Friends-Food
Featured Image [Red Ted Art/Thinly Spread]