There is no better time of year than now to embrace the glorious abundance of fresh, seasonal local produce. Spoilt for choice the options are not only tasty and endless, but the perfect opportunity to get those extra portions of fruit and vegetables on the table.
This month we are sharing a simple risotto recipe which is a delicious way to celebrate all the fabulous green vegetables in season right now.
Add your favourite vegetarian recipes to the link up below and we will share as many as possible.
A ‘green’ early summer risotto recipe…
- 1 1/2 l hot vegetable stock (optional replace 150ml of stock with white wine)
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 350g risotto rice
- 100g fresh peas
- 2 large courgettes, diced
- 1 packet asparagus, each spear chopped into 4
- 2 tsp dried rosemary, or the equivalent of freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp oil
- Freshly grated parmesan to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the onion and garlic for 5 mins until the onion has softened
- Add the rice to the pan and half the liquid (stock & wine if using) and leave to cook for 10 mins or until the liquid has evaporated, stirring from time to time. Add the rest of the liquid and continue to cook for 5 mins.
- Stir in the peas, courgettes, asparagus and rosemary and cook for another 5 mins, stirring until the rice is tender.
- Season as necessary, and serve with freshly grated parmesan
Add your favourite vegetarian recipes to the link up…
Pin for later:
Image Credit [Julien Pianetti- Unsplash]