With the weather turning colder it is a time to bring out the slow cooker and start cooking up those winter warmers. The slow cooker is a tasty way of making delicious wholesome meals even on your busiest day. You can pop in all the ingredients and go about your day knowing that a melt in the mouth dinner will be ready when needed. One of the advantages is that you can also add lots of sneaky vegetables that the whole family will eat without even noticing.
The slow cooker meals are often great for family meals. We live such busy lives that some days I just want a meal ready that people can dish up as it suits them. Although I prefer to eat together sometimes that just doesn’t work among school clubs and after school actvities.
- The best slow cooker meal for using seasonal vegetables this Autumn can be found over at Mrs Shilts.
- An easy and healthy chicken tikka masala that you can make in the slow cooker from The Slimming Foodie
- A delicious hidden veg healthy Mac and Cheese – no stirring required!
- Lean & delicious slow cooker cola & gammon from Tastefully Vikkie.
- An easy one pot Shepards Pie the family will love and less pots and pans to wash up too from the Baking Queen74.
- Jaisee.com has a yummy looking minted lamb stew which is easy and delicious for chilly autumn evenings.
- A Strong Coffeeshares her easy to make hunters chicken which the kids will love.
- Pulled pork is another winter warmer which is a simple recipe that can be used in many different ways.
Do let us know what your favourite autumn meal is in the comments below.